Python tutorials

Started by
4 comments, last by daviangel 17 years, 11 months ago
What's a good site for step-by-step tutorials on Python? I have decided to go the Python to C++ route because I was having difficulty understanding C++.
Advertisement
there are a lot of good tutorials on pythons website.

this is a really good tutorial.

I'd get the book Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner by Michael Dawson.

It's very easy to understand and follow along with.

Also check the noteworthy threads stick and a couple posts down Fruny posted a lot of helpful resources for Python.
How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (Python edition; Large PDF document)
Quote:Original post by nilkn
How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (Python edition; Large PDF document)

Also available in HTML format if you'd like to read it online. I'd recommend this one.

The official Python tutorial (linked above) is also very good. The Python Documentation index will let you find that tutorial along with some additional references and documentation.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by Sria
I'd get the book Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner by Michael Dawson.

It's very easy to understand and follow along with.

Also check the noteworthy threads stick and a couple posts down Fruny posted a lot of helpful resources for Python.

I second that since I have this book and it's easy and fun to read not to mention coverage of pygame is a plus.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement