shadowmap example

Started by
1 comment, last by jagguy 17 years, 11 months ago
I want to compile directX samples eg shadowmap , in VC++ express. DirectX is installed and the sample browser works fine. I am just testing directX apps in VC++ express is the reason why I do this. The directories etc are added automatically from directX install, but when I compile i get an error eg DXUTERR..... do you want to debug..... The samples compile fine in their own directory, it's only when i install some projects eg shadowmap, under another directory that it falls over. Do I need to include the source file in the directories as well? what do i do
Advertisement
You've not given us much real detail to go with here.

Quote:The directories etc are added automatically from directX install
Do you mean the regular SDK installation procedure, or are you using the 'Install Project' feature?

Quote:it's only when i install some projects eg shadowmap, under another directory that it falls over.

Do I need to include the source file in the directories as well?
I've never had any problems with the 'Install Project' feature - it should copy all the relevant media/code to the location you select.

Quote:when I compile i get an error eg DXUTERR..... do you want to debug.....
So its a runtime error and not a compile-time error? Its not very clear from what you've posted.

Some more information on what error you're getting would be the best place to start. Which bit of code does it fall over on? Is it complaining about a missing file?

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

The install project feature with directX sample browser I used.

I downloaded the regualr sdk and directx 9 with c++ express.
The shadowmap program works fine in its own directory, but not when you install the project with the sample browser in another directory.

I can't compile the program at all, and the error is in line449 in shadowmap.cpp with DXUT.cpp showing up in the windows

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement