• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
xDS4Lx

Problem with Group box (Win32)

This topic is 4451 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So Im having a problem with my group box control. On creation of the window everything is fine, but if I minimize the window and restore it then the group box becomes transparent. Anyone have any ideas? I found a topic here that said they had the same problem and fixed it but no solution was posted.

Advertisement
Anyone have any idea why a groupbox would become transparent on minimize of an application and then restored to the active window?

xDS4Lx,

Is group actually a child to a parent? If its a parent of the window, then it should receive the ShowWindow message. To me, transparent means that its not receiving the message to show itself, so maybe you could try keying a 'ShowWindow' on the group just to test if that show window fixes your transparency case.

-brad

Ok, the groupbox is a child of a window, window is created with WS_EX_OVERLAPEDWINDOW and WS_CLIPCHILDREN | WS_CLIPSIBLINGS | WS_VISIBLE. The groupbox is created in the WM_CREATE message and it shows up created when the window does. Here are two screen shots showin what I mean, the first is the window on creation before it is minimized. The second is the window after it has been restored to the active window.

I dont understand why this fixed the problem, but adding WS_EX_TRANSPARENT to the creation of the group box makes it non-transparent when minimized and restored. Anyone have an explination of this behavoir?

Do you want the group box to be transparent upon creation and stay that way or do you want the group box to not be transparent and stay that way?

No, i want it to be visible every time the window is which before it became transarent on a restore/resize. Now it stays showing how it is in the first screen shot.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!