• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Dynamic Impactful Music for games

This topic is 4275 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Composer Matt GAtes Site: http://www.Symphonicuproar.com I hope you will take the time to listen to some of my music for games. I realize there are a ton of composers out there but I think you will find my music unique in many ways. Thanks for taking a listen. Let me know what you think. http://www.symphonicuproar.com/music-group-18.html (direct link to game music section)

Advertisement
Unique is the right word in this case. I listened to "Dark Magic" and "From the Depths". You have an unusual sense of melody. I found myself pleasantly disoriented...it's not the strictly linear progressions I'm used to. I'm curious as to who your compositional influences are.

Good stuff!
Brian

Thanks for taking a listen. As you may or may not have heard "from the depths" uses a chord progression that my mentor Chris Young uses a lot. It's really simple but emphasizes the tritone and isn't linear. (g minor followed by A major/G) Dark Magic uses the so called "melodic major" which is like this in C: C,D,E natural,F,G,Ab,Bb,C - kind of unusual when used consistently like it is here. it emphasizes the borrowed minor four obviously. You can hear this mode being used in some of "star gate" and also "independence day." I think the version of "dark magic" up on my site now is the original which starts with a Debussy-esq progression emphasizing dominant 7 extended chords.

Great work Matt! Really enjoyed checking out your music.

Thanks, just got to get my music out there so I can do what I do for more games. I am looking forward to the challenge.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement