• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
double O seven

Blender ???

This topic is 4424 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, I made s a model and used the python window in the blender environment to export the model to a DirectX File? Now what do I do to open that file with directX? Also, it says it can be exported 2 different ways, as a .X text file format and a .X text file format format. What does that mean? Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Advertisement
The binary and plain-text versions shouldn't make much functional difference. The plain-text can be read/edited by us humans whereas the binary is, well, binary and is not editable - but the advantage being its often much more compact.

Depending on your language and version of choice you'll need to load it into Direct3D and display it on screen. In C/C++ the ID3DXMesh object and related functions are where you want to be looking.

Samples\C++\Direct3D\Tutorials\Tut06_Meshes\ in the DirectX SDK should be a good place to start [smile]

hth
Jack

double O seven,

I think there are two versions of .X exporter in Blender. One is old and another one is new, or something like that. Try both and see which one is better. I use the second one (.X text file format format)

BTW, they are both text, no binary.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!