• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ProblemBaby

mp3player

This topic is 4400 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Iam planning to write an mp3player for my project. Its hard to find info though well Ive found some source code but I really would prefer a doc. I can just find info about the frame header, but what happens next?, is it different ways to decode mp3s cause ive seen some things that intends to that=/ Well what I want is a good document about the file format or someone telling me that after the frame header its just to do "this little thing" and its decoded. thanks

Advertisement
Do a search for mp3 standard software. That should get you all the information you would ever want.

I found this and it might help.

http://www.mpeg.org/MPEG/mp3.html

theTroll

I suggest you use one of the several MP3 libraries out there, such as libmp3 or if on Windows, using the Windows Media tools for playback.

The signal processing needed for the format is *hard*. Unless you are trying to do this for a graduate-level digital signal processing class, I suggest you spend your time just learning how to outsource the work to an external library/app.

Indeed. I second the thought that you should find libraries, like FMOD, to take care of all the audio decoding for you.
That way you can focus on playist, media libraries, and interfaces for your system and not have to deal with the math
behind decoding the different formats.

UNLESS, of course, making the decoder was the goal of your project. There, I cannot help, sry.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!