Cached Intellisense in VS2003?

Started by
8 comments, last by Raeldor 17 years, 11 months ago
Some of my functions are showing old definitions in intellisense. I am guessing this information is cached somewhere and has somehow become out of date. Is there any way to clear this cache? Thanks!
Advertisement
Clean and rebuild.

theTroll
Can you expand a little on what you mean by 'clean'?

Thanks
Ive had this, clean and rebuild solved it for me. I dont like the need to do this though, 2005 Intellisence is a bit slow as well.

Dave
Quote:Original post by Raeldor
Can you expand a little on what you mean by 'clean'?

Thanks

He means, in the Build menu, click clean so that all the files made by the last Build are deleted.

Dave
I'll echo everyone else's comments about a clean and rebuild. For me I've seen this "stale" intellisense behaviour when I change a header in my precompiled headers and don't rebuild them.

Cheers
Chris
CheersChris
Clean and rebuild didn't fix it. I have multiple projects in my solution, and the header file in question is not the main project (ie, the one that results in the executable, it is included in the build as a library dependency).

Thanks again
Ignoring Intellisence, if you fill out the function declarations as you know they are, rather than obeying Intellisence, does everything compile?

The only alternative i can think of is to go into your project folder and delete the [projectname].ncb file. This is the intellisence file and this will be rebuilt next time you open the project.

Dave
Quote:Original post by Dave
Ignoring Intellisence, if you fill out the function declarations as you know they are, rather than obeying Intellisence, does everything compile?

The only alternative i can think of is to go into your project folder and delete the [projectname].ncb file. This is the intellisence file and this will be rebuilt next time you open the project.

Dave

Yes, if I override the intellisense it compiles perfectly. I will give the NCB thing a try. Thanks.
Bingo. Deleting the NCB worked great.

Thank you!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement