C#, LuaInterface and modified Lua (EyeonScript)

Started by
2 comments, last by trevaaar 17 years, 11 months ago
Hi, my question is regarding C# and LuaInterface. The program I work with Digital Fusion 5 has Lua as an embedded scripting language called EyeonScript. This language extends Lua. For example it is possible to use the statement fusion = Fusion("localhost") to connect to an instance of Digital Fusion from EyeonScript. Now I would like to use LuaInterface to access this version of Lua (EyeonScript) from C#. But as a result I get: > fusion = Fusion("localhost") > stdin:1: attempt to call global `Fusion' (a nil value) stack > traceback: > stdin:1: in main chunk > [C]: ? > dump(fusion) > stdin:1: attempt to call global `dump' (a nil value) stack traceback: > stdin:1: in main chunk > [C]: ? It seems like the additional functions from the EyeonScript version of Lua would need to be registered somewhere to be accessible? I would also think that this might be a common problem as other companies would also include extended versions of Lua with their programs? How has anybody else solved this challenge? Thanks very much for your help Patrick
Advertisement
Since Lua is completely independant from C# and LuaInterface, all you really would need to do is replace the Lua DLL used for P/Invoking with the EyeonScript DLL. Once you do that and make sure that the P/Invokes call the correct file, you should be fine to use Fusion within a Lua script.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
Since Lua is completely independant from C# and LuaInterface, all you really would need to do is replace the Lua DLL used for P/Invoking with the EyeonScript DLL. Once you do that and make sure that the P/Invokes call the correct file, you should be fine to use Fusion within a Lua script.

Thanks for your answer. That is exactly what I tried and this was the result:
Quote:> fusion = Fusion("localhost")
> stdin:1: attempt to call global `Fusion' (a nil value) stack
> traceback:
> stdin:1: in main chunk
> [C]: ?
> dump(fusion)
> stdin:1: attempt to call global `dump' (a nil value) stack traceback:
> stdin:1: in main chunk
> [C]: ?

[Edited by - Pat2000 on May 9, 2006 3:10:52 AM]
I'm not familiar with the particular program you're using, but it likely has the modified parts in a separate script file or binary that's being loaded when you run it in the normal way but not when you load the interpreter programmatically using LuaInterface. I'm sorry but I can't really help much here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement