PS3 Pre-E3 press conference summary

Started by
135 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 17 years, 11 months ago
Xbox Live online service Wii Controller GBA/GCN linkup Great graphics $500 USD for the base version (+$100 to upgrade from a 20GB HD to a 50GB one) 2,000,000 consoles for worldwide Nov. 17 launch. Thoughts?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Cypher19
Xbox Live online service
Wii Controller
GBA/GCN linkup
Great graphics
$500 USD for the base version (+$100 to upgrade from a 20GB HD to a 50GB one)
2,000,000 consoles for worldwide Nov. 17 launch.

Thoughts?

Too expensive, too late. Nice try Sony. Let's see if your religious fanbase save your asses.

1) Microsoft
2-3) Sony vs Nintendo. Very hard to tell for now, but I go with Nintendo worldwide, Sony in the US.

Random predictions:
- Price cut by Microsoft for the holiday season. Halo 3 release for the holiday season.
- Cool gimmick from Nintendo for the holiday season with some killer DDR-like effect title.

Notes:

This is by no mean a Wii controller, it has gyroscopic sensitivity but no space-awareness (ie, only deals with tilts, not movements). Rumors have it that it looked unwieldy with a dual-shock type controller and that the presentation was pathetic as a result.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
Wii Controller

Wait, what? How does it have a Wii-alike controller? Or did I read that wrong?

Oh, and all consoles have 'Great graphics' it just takes a great game to use them.

Still, the 500$ basesystem will certainly help to get people buying it. [rolleyes]
Quote:Original post by Servant of the Lord
Wii Controller

Wait, what? How does it have a Wii-alike controller? Or did I read that wrong?

Oh, and all consoles have 'Great graphics' it just takes a great game to use them.

Still, the 500$ basesystem will certainly help to get people buying it. [rolleyes]

They've included the EXACT same thing rotate/movement feature in (result wise). 3 degrees of rotation and 3 axes of movement.
A $500 system! and a controller that is like the Revolution's controller? No wonder Nintendo wanted to keep their controller under wraps. I'll never doubt them or complain about them being hush hush again. [sad]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

They've included the EXACT same thing rotate/movement feature in (result wise). 3 degrees of rotation and 3 axes of movement.

So you can move the controller and it effects stuff ingame, or you mean the thumbsticks? Can you give a link? Nevermind, I'll check at gamespot.
Well, gyroscopic controllers aren't exactly a new thing and exclusive to the Nintendo Revolution but yeah it does seem like Sony have done it again. After months of hearing people scream about how Nintendo have gone bonkers and the whole motion-controller thing was stupid and PS3 > Revolution etc, now we'll see what their opinion is.
$500

Microsoft is probably laughing their asses off right now... people complained that the X360 was too expensive!

Too much. Just too damn much.

Hmmm...

Remember the 3DO? Jaguar? (And the Jag even had the Atari name going for it... just as PS3 has Sony)... CD-I? (Wand of Gamelon!!!)

Next they'll announce that their games will range from $80-$150... we'll have NeoGeo 2k6!

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

Gamespot

549$ for better PS3. Although I think it really says something about Sony if all they're doing is matching Nintendo and Microsoft, and not doing things original themselves.
Quote:Original post by Servant of the Lord
Gamespot

549$ for better PS3. Although I think it really says something about Sony if all they're doing is matching Nintendo and Microsoft, and not doing things original themselves.

The price is certainly original! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLno

Quote:So you can move the controller and it effects stuff ingame, or you mean the thumbsticks? Can you give a link? Nevermind, I'll check at gamespot.

The controller itself, just like the WiiMote.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement