OpenGL2.0

Started by
11 comments, last by Bert Heesakkers 17 years, 11 months ago
Hello everybody... hope someone can help me... I have a Inspiron 8200 from dell with a ati radeon mobility 9000 videocard.. I wanted to do run the GLSL shader demo i found on the 3dlabs site. However I seem to be lacking the OpenGL2.0 drivers... I've spent 2 days trying to set this right, but no success... Anybody any ideas? Thanx. Bert
Advertisement
I don't think a ati radeon mobility 9000 has the correct hardware to run GLSL shaders anyway which is probably why you can't get the demo to run.
So, if I understand correctly, I'm f$$$$k... With my currunt config I won't be able to run or develop anything having to do with GLSL?

run glew and see if u have support for opengl shader language
http://glew.sourceforge.net/

it checks for the different extensions available on your card and helps u access the extensions when u are programming.

even if u don't have opengl 2.0 capability, u may have some of the capability through the extensions available.
Thanks a bunch... I'll definitly try that...

Greets..

Bert
Radeon 9000 has hardware shaders.
Interesting, but does Radeon 9000 Mobility have them too? And if so where can i find a correct set of drivers?
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Radeon 9000 has hardware shaders.

Yes, but I belive its based on the same core the Radeon 8500 was, which only have PS1.3, which isn't supported by ATI in their drivers for GLSL, only the R300 core and up with PS2.0
hmmm just in case you haven't tried:

I had a radeon 9600se card - had only 1,5 version of opengl - so I downloaded the latest drivers from ati.com (think it's called Catalyst 6.4 or similar) took about 2 mins and now I'm at Opengl 2.0 and the shaders from the website you mentioned now run.

Hmmm

tried that the last two days... doesn't seem to work all that good with my mobility 9000 card... needed to mod the driver set using some kind of tool with the result that it didn't do me any good... I'm back to the old standard drivers...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement