• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Simon Gillespie

Isotope - A New Open Source Free Isometric Engine

This topic is 4441 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, You might all be interested to know I have made a new Isometric engine called Isotope http://www.webalice.it/simon.gillespie/Isotope.html Isotope is not tile based and is meant to provide the same sort of environment as games like the old Spectrum game Batman or Cadaver on the Amiga. I've provided a pretty good doc on how to use the system and its written in Python. I'm in the process of converting it to C# and perhaps Java. Its meant to be easy to understand and highly portable for use in low power computers and mobile systems. Lastly its open source and GPL. It gives us a good example on how to solve problems with pixel perfect movement, Isometric shape ordering etc. Best of all, it just works ! enjoy :) Simon.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
very cool. documentation is nicely done too.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!