• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

problem with panda exporter and 3ds max 7

This topic is 4277 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello there i have made a character animation with the "physique" modifier in 3ds max 7... now here's the problem.. i want to export the animation as a .X file, so i've downloaded the newest .X exporter from pandasoft (http://www.andytather.co.uk/Panda/directxmax_downloads.aspx the second link) so i exported the file as .X and looked at it in directX viewer... but there was no movement.. so first i thought that panda doesnt support the physique modifier... so i tried some vertex animation... still no movement.. the panda exporter only worked with object rotation, movement or scaling... but you cant animate a character with those possibilities.. now my friend found out that panda DOES support modifiers up to physique and vertex animation as well... now why the heck doesn't it work then?? anyone knows?? or does anyone knows an other .X exporter that DOES work?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by hmmmzz
so i exported the file as .X and looked at it in directX viewer... but there was no movement.. so first i thought that panda doesnt support the physique modifier... so i tried some vertex animation... still no movement..

the panda exporter only worked with object rotation, movement or scaling... but you cant animate a character with those possibilities.. now my friend found out that panda DOES support modifiers up to physique and vertex animation as well... now why the heck doesn't it work then?? anyone knows?? or does anyone knows an other .X exporter that DOES work?

I haven't really used the DX Viewer at all, but are you sure that it supports skinned x-files? It may be a matter of the viewer not actually supporting it, while the exporting does it ok. However, be aware that implementing this isn't going to be the most fun thing to do in the world. Check out the SkinnedMesh samples in the DXSDK.

well im working on a project with some ppl and programming isnt my job :P

probably it is the exporter malfunctioning because the viewer works perfectly with simple, moving objects, its produced by microsoft so i don't think the viewer is the problem...

but thanks anyway :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement