What gives us the right to eat other creatures?

Started by
165 comments, last by shmoove 17 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by The C modest god
In other words, will you cry like a baby when another alien race come to this planet and decides to make products out of humans such as burgers and soap?

Cows aren't very intellectual. They don't think "Oh noooes, we are all so pwned!11!1" while we feed them. They simply don't know that we give them food only to eat them afterwards. Thus, they don't suffer from the actual farming (given that they are not physically abused).

If aliens would come here and harvets humans, we would suffer becuase of our conclusional skills. However, once, this current generation are all made to burgers, the next generation humans breeded by the aliens wouldn't know that they are going to be killed either, and hence not suffer.

[Edited by - Enselic on May 11, 2006 12:09:34 PM]
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Enselic
Quote:Original post by The C modest god
In other words, will you cry like a baby when another alien race come to this planet and decides to make products out of humans such as burgers and soap?

Cows aren't very intellectual. They don't think "Oh noooes, we are all so pwned!11!1" while we feed them. They simply don't know that we give them food only to eat them afterwords. Thus, they don't suffer from the actual farming (given that they are not physically or abused).

If aliens would come here and harvets humans, we would suffer becuase of our conclusional skills. However, once, this current generation are all made to burgers, the next generation humans breeded by the aliens wouldn't know that they are going to be killed either, and hence not suffer.

You forgot something else:
Humans don't have much meat to eat. It's a very inefficient to farm humans because it takes years of feeding and lots and lots of food to make the chubby enough. You'll have to feed them meat to make them fat eough, which means you have to maintain a separated process to harvet meat to feed humans to harvest their meat.

Something tells me this alien race of yours isn't intelligent enough to get here [wink]
Quote:My answer is in my question: "does this society I live in deserve to exists?"
I wont say it, if you cant think about it yourself.

Now you're just getting condescending. We're thinking, and many of us are thinking that you're just depressed and venting. Just don't take it out on us.

As far as being protective about our society... fucking duh! What else do we have? What is the point in life if you can't live it? Life isn't perfect, life can't be perfect unless everybody has the exact same goals AND those goals involve helping each other. This CANNOT happen, and by lamenting about it you're missing the good parts of life. Fun, love, learning, teaching, the things that make us and others happy.

What you are doing is trying to tell people that these things are nothing, that we should lament our existance instead of embrace it. By doing that, YOU are the one that is trying to make others miserable. Go eat a damn hamburger with someone you love, and start enjoying your life!

Word. Fnord.

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

wait a minute.
Quote:Was that closer to what you meant, that we haven't met any aliens yet and there's no proof to the contrary?
So, everything that exists in my , or your, mind exists until there is proof to the contrary.. erm..,i'd negate that statement.. because until proven(by a real live alien video or photograph) they do not exist.
Quote:Original post by SHilbert

I hope at some point we can just grow meat by itself, without having to have an intelligence tied to it.

They're already working on it, IIRC.

And yeah, I really hate how vegetarians just blindly assume that plants don't have feelings or that cruelty to them is somehow impossible.
I belive in aliens for almost the same reasons as Oberon_Command.

No. I can't prove it.
No. I'm not into philosophical logic.
Yes. I took a logic class in college.
Yes. I believe aliens will be proven someday. Not through textual logic but by perceiving it's presence.
No. I don't know when this will happen.
No. You can't disprove aliens either because you can't go and search every single star.
Yes. You can possibly disprove aliens if you base the presense of aliens on the fact by only what you can see is real. However what we can see is limited because we are not omnipresent. etc etc we can go on with these kind of lists but I don't like philosophical logic.
Quote:Original post by Tradone
I belive in aliens for almost the same reasons as Oberon_Command.

I don't believe in aliens. Nor do I disbelieve. I believe that theres a possibility of aliens existing, and I believe that there is a possibility that aliens do not exist.

Robert Anton Wilson said it best when he said "Belief is the end of intelligence".

Hummm, food!
Plants are people too!!! Down with eating plants. And antibiotics are genecide in a bottle.
Keys to success: Ability, ambition and opportunity.
Quote:Original post by Steadtler
Hummm, food!

I LOVE those things! Sauteed in a wine and butter sauce... wonderful!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement