win32 help

Started by
1 comment, last by igni ferroque 17 years, 11 months ago
I recently attempted to work with the win32 API again and I'm going through the tutorials well however they show how to make things but they dont clearly explain what each peice of code does. My main questions at the moment are; 1.what does WNDCLASSEX do? 2. WNDCLASSEX wc; wc.cbSize wc.style wc.lpfnWndProc wc.cbClsExtra wc.cbWndExtra wc.hInstance wc.hIcon wc.hCursor wc.hbrBackground wc.lpszMenuName wc.lpszClassName wc.hIconSm with that code is WNDCLASSEX creating a window class and are the cbSize etc variable data for that window or what do they do? That's all thats really bugging me at the moment if you could clear it up that would be great :D
Advertisement
It's just a structure. They are data members of the WNDCLASSEX structure and you fill them in to layout the appearance and behavior of the window(s) you'll be creating with it. Then, you Register(&wc) the window, and then you call CreateWindow() to create the actual window.

- xeddiex
one..
Quote:I recently attempted to work with the win32 API again and I'm going through the tutorials well however they show how to make things but they dont clearly explain what each peice of code does.

MSDN does.
Free Mac Mini (I know, I'm a tool)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement