DirectInput problems with wheelmouse

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 6 months ago
I have never used the mouse wheel in direct x, but I had o write a program to capture and handle the events in VB. If I remember correctly after regestering the message with windows and adding a hook function to caputure it, all you ever got back was a load of rubbish except for one of the perameters whih contained the number of lines to move. I'm assuming that direct x will do the same, sut tell you that it has been moved, and somewhere have a single value that says how many lines to move.
Advertisement
Hmmm... could be your mouse or mouse driver. Try it on a genuine Intellimouse; if you can't find one, send me the EXE and I'll test it for you on mine.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
www.spin-studios.com

Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
I have a wheel-mouse and I'm having problems getting DirectInput to recognise it.

Standard mouse functions work fine, and clicking the wheel correctly registers as button #3, but the Z axis doesn't work. DI does detect the axis, but it is not read correctly- any mouse movement causes the Z axis to be filled with garbage values. Other than the wheel, it works fine.

The DirectInput examples with DX6 have exactly the same problem as my code- Z axis not usable, just garbage.

Using DX6, MSVC++ 5.0 and the mouse is a dexxa- uses a Logitech driver according to systems properties.

Anyone have any ideas?

I don't have access to my exe right now, but the SDK example has the same deal

mssdk-samples-multimedia-DInput-bin-mouseexc.exe

It reports 112 for any movement at all.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement