skinned windows app?

Started by
4 comments, last by CrazyCdn 17 years, 11 months ago
Hi there Can anyone advise or point me in the direction of how I can create a windows app but not have the standard window. i.e I want to create a skinned window sort of like when you change windows media player from full mode into skinned mode. I'm familiar enough with creating a standard windows app in C/C++ and the app that I plan to create will also be using DirectX 9. Thanks for your time
Advertisement
This may be what you want, I'm pretty sure WMP doesn't use DirectX 9 for it's skins.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Thanks Mike on a quick glance that looks like the sort of thing I'm after. With regards to the DirectX reference I just meant that I will be doing some DirectX stuff in the app window. Thanks again
For anyone else who wants to do this sort of thing the link Mike2343 pointed to also has a link to this which I'm yet to go through but looks good.
Quote:Original post by jaytee81
For anyone else who wants to do this sort of thing the link Mike2343 pointed to also has a link to this which I'm yet to go through but looks good.

I can vouch for that link. That's the first tut that went through my mind when reading the OP.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Glad I could help. I figured that is what you ment with the DX reference but was just making sure :)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement