• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tehfawz

GLScene help (Delphi7)

This topic is 4401 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

using latest GLScene and Delphi7 The problem is simple, i have the GLScene components installed (properly) when i attempt to insert "GLSceneViewer" into the form, i get this error: "Need at least OpenGL version 1.1", I have used glscene successfully in the past to play around with, the only change from now and then is, now i have an x800gto fireblade ed. graphics card, certianly capile of better than opengl 1.1, ive yet to find a videogame that it cant ace with 60+fps. before i was using a geforce 5500le pci, i can get ahold of this old card and try using it... but what a waste of 200$ for the x800gto :< well, if more info is needed, let me know and i'll do what i can. ps. the drivers for the x800gto are properly installed and working fine. - FoZ

Advertisement
I found a temporary fix, but its not a pleasant one :P
comment out the exception the GLScene api spews out when it gets a bad version handler,
my card can ofcourse run it fine... its just like it has problems with understanding the glscene version, i'll poke and prod later.

-FoZ

Guest Anonymous Poster
I am facing the same problem. What lines of the glscene api's should I comment out?? Which file spews out the exception error. I am a newbie with Glscene and Delphi &. Please help me out with a step by step detailed answer.
Thanks,
Sharath Sridhar

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!