Texture Mapping

Started by
2 comments, last by mikeman 17 years, 11 months ago
I have been trying to figure out how to do texture mapping for the past 3 hours....I am a bit confused. I have my polygon drawn and everything, but I just don't understand how to do it. I have various files that I can use for the image I want to put on the 3d object, but I don't know how. I looked at the tutorial at NeHe, but half the code in his programs is stuff I have never seen. All the other tutorials I have seen in my books are self generated textures by the program. HOW do I load a file onto the 3d object? Does it have to be a specific file type? If possible could I see some code linking the image to the program? I appreciate all help...
Advertisement
You would probally get more relpies if you told us what API and language you are using. Since you said NeHe, I would assume that you are using OpenGL. But, when you assume something, you make an a$$ out of you and me. So, if you could answer that, then I persume more people would reply.

Thanks,
Chad.
Quote:Original post by prowler0240
... but half the code in his programs is stuff I have never seen. ...

Then learn the language before diving into more advanced stuff.
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Quote:
HOW do I load a file onto the 3d object?

What's the purpose of this question? You've found the answer in NeHe, you just don't understand it. Try again, download the code,experiment with it, read the comments in the tutorials(he practically explains them line to line) and look up in MSDN or the RedBook the functions he uses for further info.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement