NeHe: Looking for Volunteers (Good C++/OpenGL Programmers)

Started by
7 comments, last by Hanatarou 17 years, 10 months ago
Hi everyone. In line with the whole "freshen up NeHe" project, I'm looking for a number of volunteers to help out. What we're actually doing is not yet finalised, although at the moment the plan is to: - Make a new SDK - Rewrite/reorganise the NeHe Lessons (important changes: use of new SDK, no GLUT dependency, modern C++ usage) - Maybe some new tutorials/lessons If you're interested in helping out, just speak up here or PM me. I'm mostly after people who know their way around C++ and OpenGL confidently - so if you come into the NeHe forum to help out, this is an excellent opportunity for you to reach a wider audience. If you've only just started learning OpenGL/C++, then this probably isn't a good project for you - but perhaps you know someone who is good and could point them in this direction. If you're not so hot with OpenGL, but you'd still like to help out in other areas, later I might be asking for help with art stuff (textures, models, pretty diagrams and screenshots) and writing stuff (probably general proofreading and cleanup). If that is where your lies - no need to volunteer now - but keep a look at the stickies at the top of the forum in coming months. [Edited by - Andrew Russell on May 22, 2006 6:55:57 PM]
Advertisement
Just a status update - we've now got eight people, plus evolutional and myself.

I'm still accepting applications, so if you're interested, I'm happy to hear from you.
I wish I wasn’t working crazy hours with hardly enough time for my current project. NeHe is where I got my start and I would love to give back. But alas I don’t have the time :( Perhaps I could contribute a few tutorials at a later date.
AFAIK we don't need a huge commitment, as long as you're able to contribute your piece, it should be ok (I think).
I could do some stuff maybe a tutorial or two, perhaps adapt some that i made on my site (like the FBO one).
I can allso provide various meshes exported to cpp files for easy inclution into a program, along with texture maps, specular maps, normal maps and amibentOCC maps.
I'd like to volunteer my services! I'd like to help out with anything I can, it's thanks to Nehe that I'm a software engineer, so I'd like to give something back.

Luke.

[Edited by - Kazade on May 22, 2006 7:03:52 AM]
Member of the NeHe team.
OK, I'm now running this through PMs, so please PM me if you'd like to join up. Feel free to reply to this thread and such, but I might not get back to it in a timely manner, if at all.

Status: We've now got 14 people, plus 2 people I need to get back to (lc_overlord, this includes you - PM me, if you can).
i hope i'm not to late in posting! i would love to help in anyway i can. Although i may not be the most proficient coder, i am obsessed with adding more oop aspects to these tutorials. my work certainly isn't perfect, but i would still like to contribute. right now i have created a simple, but dynamic texture list ADT, always trying to improve a small linear algebra header that i work on to make calculations simpler and more dynamic, i've shortened up the code that makes windows api calls, made a simple text rasterization ADT (would like to make it based on FreeType for anti-aliasing). well, thats enough, if your interested i don't have too much free time (college kid), but enough to help.
theWalrusk: I hope you can make the time to bring about more OOPiness. Your idea sounds good!

I think I can perhaps help a teeny weeny bit. All I can really say is follow my recent postings about lessons 8 and 9. I've been programming in C++ for a while, but I'm still new to OpenGL. Perhaps you need the opinions of a novice? ;) ...or not.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement