Including resources in Dev C++

Started by
2 comments, last by kevinlynx 17 years, 11 months ago
How do I include a resource file into my project using Dev C++? I already have it as a part of it, I 'added' it so it appears on the lefthand colleum, but is there anything else I need to do? I don't think my project is reading it completely. Thanks, ~S of the L~
Advertisement
Do you want to develop games using Dev-C++ ? I think that is not a good idea .
Dev-C++ is based on gcc , and gcc is not a tool that used to develop an application in Windows . Of cource,it can develop some games base on GDI ---but in face ,GDI is not suitable for developing games---that is too slow.
Dev-C++ can not develops some games based on DirectX . ---I can not.

Inserting some resource to your project , you should include the header file and the resource files .Especilly in your source code that used the resource ID must include the header file because you must declare the macro that represent your resource ID .
Quote:Original post by kevinlynx
Dev-C++ can not develops some games based on DirectX . ---I can not.

Uhrrrr.. yes, it can. C++ is C++, and gcc can build DirectX games as well as anything else out there. Even so, there's no reason why you have to use DirectX -- it handles my OpenGL games with aplomb.
Yeah,I have read the article that talk about using DirectX in Dev-C++. It seems very complex~~_~!. Using Dev-C++ to develop games ,maybe,OpenGL is a good library .

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement