[java] Java Web Services question

Started by
1 comment, last by 5MinuteGaming 17 years, 11 months ago
I've written an application in .NET that subscribes to a web service and had no problems, but now im using java and have what should be a simple problem. Ive created a java application in NetBeans 5.0, consumed the web service WSDL doc, and generated all the code I need. Problem is, I dont know how to access the methods the web service exposes. In .NET, the namespace the web service resides in is 'TrimCT', and a line of code such as TrimCT.Engine engine = new TrimCT.Engine(); works fine, but not in Java. Granted I haven't used Java in a few years, i was hoping someone could help me figure out how to get started. Thanks
Advertisement
First off that general structure is what you are looking for.

This is what it needs to be:

Class varName = new Class();
OR
Class carName = new Class.Instancing();

That at least should be it from a simplistic stand point I haven't had much luck personally with web based apps, but I don't think the code is too much different than regular apps.
--Ter'Lenth
Well, I would definitely like to help you Mulligan but unfortunately I have no idea what you are talking about.

Some links to reference documents or the WSDL doc that you used. Or perhaps some insight on what you are trying to accomplish might help me, help you.

However I can say that you can create the object much the same in Java as you do in your post. Though the API that you are using might not be setup the same way as .NET. Taking a look at the Specifications (javadocs) for whatever API you are using will help you determine what packages and classes are available.

Oh! and I'm wondering what 'consumed' is supposed to mean in your post.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement