C++ Question Gui

Started by
7 comments, last by KyrinComa 17 years, 11 months ago
I know theres probably million of questions but. I want to learn to create a Windows window and all. But I don't know which to choice. I want to learn one that supports OpenGL, DirectX and Direct3D. And that it also messes with the Windows system. Like WinAPI. I want to become a gaming programmer but im stuck on this problem. I have good knowledge of C++. Just when it comes to this I don't know. I just want one that supports all and not half-a** support. Cause I don't want to learn one thing and found out it don't support it at all then have to learn a completely new thing. I was learning Qt4 but I don't know if it allows the same thing as WinAPI with DirectX and etc. And if its good enough to use with gaming programming. I'm sorry if this is confusing.
Advertisement
Yes, your question is a bit confusing. This might be a start, and this should take you further.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
I mean I want to learn a how to create gui programs for Windows. Cause all I know is to do it through console. Can you do gaming programming through C++ CLR?
Quote:Original post by KyrinComa
I mean I want to learn a how to create gui programs for Windows.

That's an extremely broad topic. A google search offers some promising leads. Maybe someone here will have more to contribute...

Quote:Can you do gaming programming through C++ CLR?

Yes.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Yeah the sites and books I came across was all mainly C programming on Windows. And is it hard to develop games through CLR?
Quote:Original post by KyrinComa
And is it hard to develop games through CLR?

Not a clue. I'm not a CLR programmer. Ask in the .NET forum.

All I know is that it is intended to be easier than using Win32. Whether making games is also easier that way... I don't know.
Thank you for your help much appricated.
I think SDL is what you are asking for.
www.libsdl.org

From the site:

Simple DirectMedia Layer is a cross-platform multimedia library designed to provide low level access to audio, keyboard, mouse, joystick, 3D hardware via OpenGL, and 2D video framebuffer. It is used by MPEG playback software, emulators, and many popular games, including the award winning Linux port of "Civilization: Call To Power."

It makes things simpler and will work on Linux,Mac, and Windows without you having to change any code if you handle it right. I'm pretty sure it works with DirectX and Direct3D too.
Like creating MS Window Applications?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement