newer verison of eVC++4

Started by
4 comments, last by gan 17 years, 11 months ago
Does anyone know the what's the latest version of eVC++4 (IDE)? I have file *.vcw but even VS 2003(of course as ecpected like VC 6 aslo cannot open eVC++) also cannot open.
Advertisement
Visual Studio 2005.

VS2003 had support for C# and VB.net on handhelds, and was kinda sorta the replacement for eVB. It did not have support for C++ on handhelds, and that made a lot of people (including me) rather upset.

C++ programmers have had to limp along with eVC3 and eVC4 -- both of which felt like C++ from the early '90s rather than the ISO Standard C++ from 1998. Finally, Visual Studio 2005 supported C++ on handhelds.

And the world rejoiced.

Except for the people who needed to migrate lots of legacy code from the badly broken eVC.

Quote:Visual Studio 2005 supported C++ on handhelds

is that included VS Express?
Quote:migrate lots of legacy code

U meant the're no upgrade wizard?
Quote:Original post by gan
Quote:Visual Studio 2005 supported C++ on handhelds

is that included VS Express?

Probably not, but I don't know for sure.
Quote:Original post by gan
Quote:migrate lots of legacy code

U meant the're no upgrade wizard?

The upgrade wizard only converts the project settings, and really doesn't do a spectacular job of it.

It won't convert a large project that uses all the non-standard constructs that eVC needed and automatically convert all the constructs that are now illegal into one of their current counterparts.
You CAN NOT use the windows mobile SDK with the express version of 2005. :(
-www.freewebs.com/tm1rbrt -> check out my gameboy emulator ( worklog updated regularly )
Quote:Original post by ErUs
You CAN NOT use the windows mobile SDK with the express version of 2005. :(
then what about "Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone SDK.msi" for VS 2003? also, will MS eVC++4 affect the existing MS VS6 and MS VS 2003 program?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement