Sign in to follow this  
AlexNHS

Painful Errors: Vertex/Index Buffer help

I am getting some errors in the debug window when I try to run my program. I have tried the DirectX docs, and google, but haven't been able to find what is causing the error. The debug output is spewing out the following errors:
D3D9 Helper: Enhanced D3DDebugging disabled; Application was not compiled with D3D_DEBUG_INFO
Direct3D9: (INFO) :======================= Hal HWVP Pure device selected

Direct3D9: (INFO) :HalDevice Driver style 9

Direct3D9: :DoneExclusiveMode
Direct3D9: (INFO) :Failed to create driver indexbuffer
'NHS2D.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\McVSSkt.Dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'NHS2D.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ole32.dll', No symbols loaded.
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Vertex shader declaration is not set

First-chance exception at 0x7c81eb33 in NHS2D.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: long at memory location 0x0012f4cc..
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :DrawPrimitive failed.
Once in hits the DrawPrimitive error it goes back to the VertexShader error and keeps looping through those until I close the program. If you need any information, or need to see any parts of my code, just ask and I will be happy to provide you with the information. Thanks in advance.

I can't be any help to you, but you should compile with D3D_DEBUG_INFO. It gives you much more information, and allows you to use MSVC's Debugger to look at the values of the DirectX components. It may help you.