• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Using Python with MSVC 2005

This topic is 4296 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone tried to use python with new visual studio? I compiled some of my python projects using MSVC 2005 express edition, but once I run them I get debug assertion failure in python.dll I recompiled python by myself using MSVC 2005, but this didn't help. I still get runtime errors in the pyton.dll. I know that the most common problem with python is that if you compile it against different runtime libraries than your project is compiled, it won't work. But I checked this: both python.dll and my project are compiled against Multithreaded DLL library. Everything worked fine compiled with VC 2003. Does anyone know, how to make python work fine with VC 2005 ? Visual Studio debugger gives me following message: ------------------------------- Debug assertion failed! Expression: ("Invalid signal or error", 0); ------------------------------- Here is my call stack: msvcr80d.dll!1021338b() python24_d.dll!PyOS_getsig(int sig=5) Line 1657 + 0xc bytes C python24_d.dll!initsignal() Line 345 + 0x9 bytes C python24_d.dll!PyOS_InitInterrupts() Line 642 C python24_d.dll!initsigs() Line 1591 C python24_d.dll!Py_InitializeEx(int install_sigs=1) Line 214 C python24_d.dll!Py_Initialize() Line 283 + 0x7 bytes C [Edited by - glJack on May 20, 2006 1:41:22 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement