• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Countach

Q3A Engine deleted

This topic is 6485 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It seems that the original poster of the Q3A Engine thread deleted it because he was exposed as a fraud. Thats pretty close to censorship. I''d appreciate it if some moderator would bring back the old thread. I only could find half the old thread in my internet cache: ----------------------------------------------------------- By the way you can visit the site of the REAL coder of this engine here: http://talika.fie.us.es/~titan/rnews.html Anonymous Poster Posted - 11 February 2001 8:52:45 PM I recognize those top two shots. They were in a custom Quake III level I downloaded once. I have a feeling you''re confusing "Engine" and "MOD," pegasquad! Anonymous Poster Posted - 11 February 2001 8:52:56 PM I recognize those top two shots. They were in a custom Quake III level I downloaded once. I have a feeling you''re confusing "Engine" and "MOD," pegasquad! multitap Member since: 1/31/2001 From: Posted - 11 February 2001 10:11:54 PM I have a feeling pegasus will disappear from this board and not reply to this topic anymore because he knows WE know, and can''t lie his way out. Dennis Member since: 5/18/2000 From: Netherlands Posted - 12 February 2001 7:58:43 AM I checked the source from the Titan Engine and they actually copy-pasted the code. And why do they think they can use Quake3 .bsp files in a commercial game??? The hard part isn''t writing the engine, but writing the bsp/pvs compiler. In Dutch: Schaam je!! (in English: shame on you!!) Countach Member since: 8/10/2000 From: Netherlands Posted - 12 February 2001 8:17:16 AM This thread sums up the whole problem with these opensource engines. They invite kids who don''t understand a line of code to go and celebrate themselves as the new John Carmack. Kudos to Ignacio Castano&co, the REAL authors of this engine. Maximus Member since: 8/9/2000 From: Australia Posted - 12 February 2001 8:21:06 AM Heh what an idiot. Most of us spend our time slaving away at the keyboard actually coding our engines, and he steals someone elses work, claims it as his own, and even goes as far as posting around claiming that its his. Pathetic (in any language). Countach Member since: 8/10/2000 From: Netherlands Posted - 12 February 2001 8:25:14 AM Worst thing is that he actually got interviewed by PC Games Benelux, the 2nd biggest gamesmag in Netherlands/Belgium. With a complete lack of knowledge about everything in ''his'' engine. Can you fokkin believe it!

Advertisement
Oh i''m sure we will, but under a different identity. I guess he thought he could fool us when he posted the exact code from the Titan Engine. LOL Knowing we were all suspisious anyway, what made him think we wouldn''t look at the Titan code and look for the code he posted to see if he was lying. Comical really.

-SirKnight

BTW: The BSP file format is no patent of id sortware.
Anyone can use it even in commercial games! If you don''t believe me write a mail to id and they will say exactly the same!
Every fileformat used in any quake engine is free for use!

InsanE: Do you mean you can use Q3Radiant and the q3map compiler to build your levels and write your own commercial game with it?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!