• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q3A Engine deleted

This topic is 6219 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It seems that the original poster of the Q3A Engine thread deleted it because he was exposed as a fraud. Thats pretty close to censorship. I''d appreciate it if some moderator would bring back the old thread. I only could find half the old thread in my internet cache: ----------------------------------------------------------- By the way you can visit the site of the REAL coder of this engine here: http://talika.fie.us.es/~titan/rnews.html Anonymous Poster Posted - 11 February 2001 8:52:45 PM I recognize those top two shots. They were in a custom Quake III level I downloaded once. I have a feeling you''re confusing "Engine" and "MOD," pegasquad! Anonymous Poster Posted - 11 February 2001 8:52:56 PM I recognize those top two shots. They were in a custom Quake III level I downloaded once. I have a feeling you''re confusing "Engine" and "MOD," pegasquad! multitap Member since: 1/31/2001 From: Posted - 11 February 2001 10:11:54 PM I have a feeling pegasus will disappear from this board and not reply to this topic anymore because he knows WE know, and can''t lie his way out. Dennis Member since: 5/18/2000 From: Netherlands Posted - 12 February 2001 7:58:43 AM I checked the source from the Titan Engine and they actually copy-pasted the code. And why do they think they can use Quake3 .bsp files in a commercial game??? The hard part isn''t writing the engine, but writing the bsp/pvs compiler. In Dutch: Schaam je!! (in English: shame on you!!) Countach Member since: 8/10/2000 From: Netherlands Posted - 12 February 2001 8:17:16 AM This thread sums up the whole problem with these opensource engines. They invite kids who don''t understand a line of code to go and celebrate themselves as the new John Carmack. Kudos to Ignacio Castano&co, the REAL authors of this engine. Maximus Member since: 8/9/2000 From: Australia Posted - 12 February 2001 8:21:06 AM Heh what an idiot. Most of us spend our time slaving away at the keyboard actually coding our engines, and he steals someone elses work, claims it as his own, and even goes as far as posting around claiming that its his. Pathetic (in any language). Countach Member since: 8/10/2000 From: Netherlands Posted - 12 February 2001 8:25:14 AM Worst thing is that he actually got interviewed by PC Games Benelux, the 2nd biggest gamesmag in Netherlands/Belgium. With a complete lack of knowledge about everything in ''his'' engine. Can you fokkin believe it!

Advertisement
Oh i''m sure we will, but under a different identity. I guess he thought he could fool us when he posted the exact code from the Titan Engine. LOL Knowing we were all suspisious anyway, what made him think we wouldn''t look at the Titan code and look for the code he posted to see if he was lying. Comical really.

-SirKnight

BTW: The BSP file format is no patent of id sortware.
Anyone can use it even in commercial games! If you don''t believe me write a mail to id and they will say exactly the same!
Every fileformat used in any quake engine is free for use!

InsanE: Do you mean you can use Q3Radiant and the q3map compiler to build your levels and write your own commercial game with it?

Did I miss something?
BTW, Can you post the interview or parts of it?

No, I won''t post the interview because I respect copyrights
But anyway, they were amazed of ''his'' skills and stuff like that.
I don''t think you''d want to read the whole thing.

FYI: I just recalled the name of this lamer: Roland Andriessen.
His email is randriessen@hotmail.com

But I can''t quite understand why the creators of the Titan engine think its ok for him to rip the source, strip the license and claim it as his own (see post of Null and Void). Isn''t that stuff GPL or something? Shouldn''t somebody sue his ass?

quote:
Original post by Countach
Shouldn''t somebody sue his ass?

Ehm.. this is Holland, not America..
I would surely sue him, that **** **** ****!!

But I''ve never heard of "PC Game Benelux" or did you mean "PC Zone Benelux"?
In wich number was that interview?

Yeah, youre right, typo.
That interview is not published yet. But he (the lamer) said they were amazed of him so I have a pretty good idea how that interview will go.
Even though he lives in the Netherlands doesn't mean that he can't be sued. Though its not likely you get a verdict as high as in the USA.

Edited by - Countach on February 14, 2001 5:15:07 AM

Couldn''t find anything in nr. 41 but how do you know about that interview?

And do the people @ PC Zone know this already?

Hmmmm, now that you mention it, it might be pretty cool to mention this to the editors of PC Zone Benelux.

I''ll do that right away.

BTW: richardve, I only had the second page of the original thread in my cache (which I posted in the first message). Roland said he had an interview with PC Zone Benelux on the first page.

You''re right! I''ve used the source code from the Titan engine. I wasn''t intervieuwed by PC Zone. I''m just a stupid wannabe. I respect that you guys protect the makers of the titan engine. Against. EVERYTHING IN THE POST I''VE PLACED WAS LIED!!! I MADE IT UP!
Sorry to bother you guys with it.
sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry.

P.S.
It was an opensource program and I didn''t published it commercial, so you can''t sue me. IT WASN''T COMMERCIAL, JUST A JOKE!

sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry

I don't think someone will laugh about this "joke"

Edited by - richardve on February 14, 2001 6:50:34 AM

Damn, I already got a reply from PC Zone Benelux.
    Youre a little late

-------------------------------------

[edit]
    My translation of the email was wrong. No interview has ever taken place, only an introduction to the engine.
    At the request of PC Zone Benelux, the email has been removed
    [/edit]

Edited by - Countach on February 14, 2001 9:45:12 AM

What a pathetic joke, and I still vote on killing da fool, burn him at the stake heh.

richardve, no the interview never took place.
    PC Games Benelux have, however been given an introduction to the engine but no interview has ever been published.

I was wrong to post the entire email, I should''ve asked the editors of PC Zone Benelux first it would be ok.
    The translation I gave of the email is also wrong, because it implies that an interview did take place.
    The editor of PC Zone Benelux did not say he had held an interview, but I assumed he had.

Sorry for the confusion.

An introduction.. so he DID show it to them.

Bah, what''s wrong with the people here in Holland?
    (see: Anna Kournikova virus from a 20 year old Dutch boy)

Bah, what''s wrong with my cable connection? (slownera)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, you know what holland is eh?
    Pirates Heaven...

quote:
    InsanE: Do you mean you can use Q3Radiant and the q3map compiler to build your levels and write your own commercial game with it?

No, you cannot use any program designed for Q3A. If you want to use John Carmacks bsp file format you''ll have to design your own bsp compiler.

• Advertisement