Q3A Engine deleted

Started by
26 comments, last by Countach 23 years, 2 months ago
EDIT: Ehm, never mind...

Edited by - richardve on February 14, 2001 9:57:03 AM
Advertisement
richardve, no the interview never took place.
PC Games Benelux have, however been given an introduction to the engine but no interview has ever been published.

I was wrong to post the entire email, I should''ve asked the editors of PC Zone Benelux first it would be ok.
The translation I gave of the email is also wrong, because it implies that an interview did take place.
The editor of PC Zone Benelux did not say he had held an interview, but I assumed he had.

Sorry for the confusion.
-------homepage - email
An introduction.. so he DID show it to them.

Bah, what''s wrong with the people here in Holland?
(see: Anna Kournikova virus from a 20 year old Dutch boy)

Bah, what''s wrong with my cable connection? (slownera)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, you know what holland is eh?
Pirates Heaven...
quote:InsanE: Do you mean you can use Q3Radiant and the q3map compiler to build your levels and write your own commercial game with it?

No, you cannot use any program designed for Q3A. If you want to use John Carmacks bsp file format you''ll have to design your own bsp compiler.
Hi all,
first of all: Thank you for all your support!
I''m the creator of the Titan Engine and also the copyright holder and want to state clearly a few things.
I wrote the Titan Engine for learning purpouses, not to become famous.
I thought someone would find it also usefull, so i decided to opensource the code.
I licensed the Titan Engine under BSD and not under any other license, because i wanted to allow people to take pieces of the code and use them in their own projects, and even to allow a company to use the engine to make their own game.
The BSD license allows you a lot of freedom, but there''s something that you are not allowed to do: you cannot take the code strip the license, and say this code is mine!
That''s the only thing you are not allowed to do, and the funny thing is that it seems that that''s what Roland Andriessen did.
I don''t allow that kind of behaviour. If this happens again i will do all that''s in my hands to pursue this.

sorry for my bad english, and again, thank you for your support.

Ignacio Castaño
castanyo@yahoo.es
Ignacio Castañocastanyo@yahoo.es
Nice to know your learned about what was happening . You''re english isn''t all that bad (my french is worse, and I''ve been learning it for 4 years =P). Anyway, great job on your engine .

http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/
quote:Original post by AtomChild
not to become famous.

You are now!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement