Sign in to follow this  
SIGURD42

Edge Distortion Problem

SIGURD42    122
[simple question - sorry] Hi, Ive been creating my own little engine - complete with classes for input, graphics etc. You can imagine my excitment when after i typed into my ini file the camera movement controls, my test teapot started to move! However, as it approached the edge it distorted outwards - i.e got fatter Ive checked my transformation matrices a billion times and im confident its not them. Could you please give me some other ideas why this might happen? I might show you my transformations in a bit if nothing else is suggested... Sorry for the simple question but its driving me insane! Thanks!

Sr_Guapo    876
What do you mean by it getting distorted? Does it look kinda like through a fisheye lense? I think this may be cause by the FoV you specify for the projection matrix. Try messing with this to see if it changes anything.

LeGreg    754
Quote:
Original post by SIGURD42Hi, Ive been creating my own little engine - complete with classes for input, graphics etc. You can imagine my excitment when after i typed into my ini file the camera movement controls, my test teapot started to move! However, as it approached the edge it distorted outwards - i.e got fatter

With a regular perspective (conic) it's going to go fatter on the borders.
Of course you can still play on the field of view angle, the zoom to get less visible distortion, but it's still normal, it's regular 3D.

Maybe you can post a screenshot, it will tell us if you've got anything other wrong.

LeGreg