Sign in to follow this  
RedKMan

MSVCR80D.DLL Problem with Studio 2005

Hey, Downloaded MS Visual Studio 2005 today and the windows SDK, did all the bits and peices as per instructions. Did a simple windows program with the app wizard and hit with MSVCR80D.DLL Not Found when I F5 or compile the program. I've done some research into this but there seems to be lots of difficult ways of dealing with this. I tried the Fat32 work around and that didn't work. I download the X86 Windows SDK as per instruction. Is there a proper fix for this now so you don't have to mess with files everytime you write a new windows app?

I found this somewhere and it worked for me:

"I got the same message about missing msvcr80 with the debug version of an open source app (enblend) but found a different solution than fooling with manifests (which did not work in my case). All the CRT dlls were properly installed; but the program manifest does not mention msvcr80, only msvcr80d -- just as yours does. The solution? Take the linkers's advice and put MSVCRT.lib in the list under project/properties/linker/input/ignore specific library!

Link warns when MSVCRT.lib conflicts with other libs, but then loads from it anyway; the manifest builder is evidently unaware of this, so the new super-safe, public-keyed, foolproof MicroSlop Windows XP dll finder proceeds to barf."

I got the program to compile but I have to change the build from debug to release. This is the only way it will run. Looks like the only way I can use Express is in release build not debug build. Suck's - I'm already missing my Studio 6 :(

Search the Visual Studio directory for that file and put it in the Debug folder. You might also need MSVCP80D.DLL.

Alternatively, you can change the debug mode to Multithreaded Debug instead of Multithreaded Debug DLL. This is under Project->(your project's name here)'s Properties->Configuration Properties->C/C++->Code Generation->Runtime Library.