Sign in to follow this  

Framerate Problem

This topic is 4227 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello I've got the following problem: When I go through my virtuall world alway when I come very near to an object the framerate goes down even if my world only consists of one object with just 5 polygons... A friend of mine has the same problem and this only occurs when I am very near to an object...if I am a little bit away from it then all works fine! Does anybody know of this problem? thx in advance!

As long as your framerate is over 30 you don't have anything to worry about.

If the workload of the graphics card doubles, your framerate will halve. But if that means it goes from 200 FPS to 100 FPS then you still have silky smooth graphics.

Is this the case? Or do you really get unacceptable performance?

with enabled vertical sync the framerate goes down from 85 fps to 43 but this is also the case when there is only ONE untextured poly that was my prob what I cannot understand... if I disable vsync the fps goes down to 300 from 400 fps

Clearly your monitor's refresh rate is 85 Hz. So with VSync on this means you can only render at a whole number of frames per refresh. So frames per second become: 85, 43, 28, 21, etc... I would only start to worry when it drops to 21 or less. The rest is really smooth. Turning VSync on simply means there's more synchronization happening and it sacrifices performance (but you avoid tearing effects).

So again it doesn't look like there's anything to worry about.

This topic is 4227 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.