I am a noob.

Started by
3 comments, last by Fares 17 years, 11 months ago
Hi ! I have one question: In wich language do they write the games in ( games like Command and Conquer ) ?
Advertisement
Mostly C or C++.
There are many, many, many languages for programming computers (numbering in the thousands), and most of those are suited for game development. Currently, some of the languages in use for game development are C++, C#, Visual Basic.NET, Python, and Java, with C++ being the most used in the commercial games industry. It doesn't really matter which one you choose, or which one you start learning first; use whatever you find you like best.
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
In the game industry, C/C++ along with a graphics API are usually used. However being that you are a beginner, I would advise that you try some of the "newer" technologies available (ex: .NET languages such as C#).
I know c++, c and java, I am second year in software engineering.
But I am having a hard time to start in game designing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement