Sign in to follow this  

GroZZleR's Animation Gadget - 2D sprite animating program.

This topic is 4226 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

GroZZleR's Animation Gadget Finished the sprite editor for my 2D game engine ("GroZ2D") and figured the community might be able to benefit from it. It's a little unwieldy at first glance, but quickly becomes easy to use. Everything exports to easy to read XML files. One note: It'll save the images as full paths in the XML file, so make sure you manually find & replace before using them. It requires .NET 1.1 or higher. I've included some Contra 3 animations, and two un-added sprites (contra_attack_1 and contra_attack_2) so you can play around with adding your own sequences. Let me hear any and all feedback - especially if you find a bug. Download Here (sorry I forgot the download link earlier) <shameless plug> I'm still looking for 2D artists to join my shareware team, if anyone is interested. </shameless plug> [Edited by - GroZZleR on May 22, 2006 4:35:08 AM]

Neato, it seems pretty functional. I like sprite editors, and I was thinking of making my own. The XML was a good choice.

The one thing I noticed is that it isn't well-suited to 3D textures, which should be packed on a sprite sheet, power-of-2 with a transparent background. You might also look into hotspots and offsets.

Interface issues: When I delete a sequence, the frames still stick around in the lower box. Also the apply button seems unneeded, it would be nice to just type in a value and have it stick.

Sign in to follow this