Sign in to follow this  
GroZZleR

GroZZleR's Animation Gadget - 2D sprite animating program.

GroZZleR's Animation Gadget Finished the sprite editor for my 2D game engine ("GroZ2D") and figured the community might be able to benefit from it. It's a little unwieldy at first glance, but quickly becomes easy to use. Everything exports to easy to read XML files. One note: It'll save the images as full paths in the XML file, so make sure you manually find & replace before using them. It requires .NET 1.1 or higher. I've included some Contra 3 animations, and two un-added sprites (contra_attack_1 and contra_attack_2) so you can play around with adding your own sequences. Let me hear any and all feedback - especially if you find a bug. Download Here (sorry I forgot the download link earlier) <shameless plug> I'm still looking for 2D artists to join my shareware team, if anyone is interested. </shameless plug> [Edited by - GroZZleR on May 22, 2006 4:35:08 AM]

Neato, it seems pretty functional. I like sprite editors, and I was thinking of making my own. The XML was a good choice.

The one thing I noticed is that it isn't well-suited to 3D textures, which should be packed on a sprite sheet, power-of-2 with a transparent background. You might also look into hotspots and offsets.

Interface issues: When I delete a sequence, the frames still stick around in the lower box. Also the apply button seems unneeded, it would be nice to just type in a value and have it stick.

Sign in to follow this