• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tcs

I'm back ;-)

This topic is 6138 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry for not updating the site and not paying much attention to the forums, please read the update on the front site when I post it tomorrow (13.2.2001) ;-) Tim -------------------------- glvelocity.gamedev.net www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity

Advertisement
"This site does NOT work with Netscape ! Get Internet Explorer !
Sorry Linux users ;-)"

WTF!?!

Have you tried NetSheep 6?
It DOES work with NetSheep 6

And it looks better with NS than with IE

btw. Congratulations with the job at Crytek!!

I would kill myself before installing NetCrap on my shiny, clean and cool PC ;-) I can''t say anything about it, and when I hear the horrorstories about NS (and I believe them 100%) I think it''s safe to stay with that warning ;-) Why wasting 20MB of storage space to get a slower, ugly looking and Browser with 10x more bugs and less features ? You are free to do it, but please don''t force me into installing it just to test the website with it ;-)

Hey, I could also buy a voodooo and test my programs on it ;-)
Brrrrrr.....

Since you have iE4/5/6, why don''t use it ;-) This warning is simply there because some user loaded the site in an old NS and really thought it should look that way ;-) I just wanted to avoid that.

I enjoy my new job here, it''s cool ;-)

"I would kill myself before installing NetCrap on my shiny, clean and cool PC ;-) "

Save some bullets for Internet Exploder 6
The MSN bloat is no feature..

"Brrrrrr....."
I totally agree with that!

Anyway, how did you get the job?
Did they want you because you made that beautiful landscape engine??

btw. I''m only using NS 6 under Win98
Win2K is IE-only...

It''s really strange... iE4 was a nice brrowser, but really buggy. Crashed a lot. Then iE5 appeared and it worked like a charm. Not much more features than 4, but stable. I installed ie5.5 and it was as buggy as 4.0.... strange ;-) So 6 is going to be stable ;-)

MSN ? Hmmm.... I hate it when M$ puts annoyng crap into their OS !!! Let''s hope WinXP won''t destroy the nice and fast UI 2K has...

Tim

--------------------------
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity

Getting a job ?

Everytime I make a nice demo and flipcode, gamedev.net and so on post about it I get tons of offers. Companies want to see your demos or that you have a shipping games. Because this is the only prove that you are capable of what they are want.

Make a website and write some nice demos, I think this is the best way to get a job. At least it worked for me and other employees here...

Tim

--------------------------
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity

>>btw. I''m only using NS 6 under Win98
Win2K is IE-only...<<

hmmm i have win2000 i was wanting to change over to NS6 (ie5.5 is giving me so many problems the last couple of weeks eg im typing this here + all of a sudden the page decides to reload in again, text gone thankyou very much)

>>I think this is the best way to get a job<<

no its not , moving to napier is, theres lots of apples dying to picked. bearable if u like that sort of thing horrible if u dont btw WTF am i doing here in napier. oh yes i cant stand that dutch weather . i knew there was some piddling reason.

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

I''ve heard that M$ wants everybody to use MSN Explorer instead of IE 6 (wich will be the last version).
This MSN Exploder has even more of that MSN crap build in..

Talking about WinXP, have you seen the latest screens? (beta 2)
It looks a little too friendly if you ask me..

--------

Hmm, I should really get that IOTD finished

I''m already working on a website but I think it''ll take another month to finish it.
(juicy detail: It''s IE compatible, NS doesn''t work yet )
Also I don''t have much knowledge of HTML/PHP/ASP (and English )

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!