Sign in to follow this  
vladic2000x

floating point textures bugs

I encountered a strange bug, and I can't understand what is causing it. When rendering to a D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F rendertarget it is impossible o use next blending parameters: srcblend=srcalpha; destblend=invsrcalpha; it just don't want o take in consideration the existing pixels in this rendertarget, and blends every new pixel with the one existing there after d3d_device->Clear(...) call was done. When renering to a regular A8R8G8B8 rendertarget everything is ok. If someone knows smth about such kind og bugs ls reply. P.S. I use Feb2005 SKD update.

Such features are hardware dependent - so it all depends on what hardware you're using.

GeForce 6 and 7 series support both linear filtering and blending for FP16; not entirely sure about ATI's X1k series - that might only be blending for FP16. No current hardware does FP32 blending/filtering.

Use IDirect3D9::CheckDeviceFormat() with D3DUSAGE_QUERY_FILTER and/or D3DUSAGE_QUERY_POSTPIXELSHADER_BLENDING if you want to use blending.

hth
Jack

Oh, yes, as far as i have my GeForce 6200, i'm not thinking about
harware limitations, but i should.
The real problem is that FP16 blending is not supported on GF6200.
Thanks.

Quote:
Original post by vladic2000x
The real problem is that FP16 blending is not supported on GF6200.
Thanks.
Interesting to note... I thought the 6200 was just a slower version of the 6600/6800 - didn't realise they had different feature sets [oh]

Cheers,
Jack