Simulating weather

Started by
1 comment, last by phil_h 17 years, 11 months ago
Does anyone know of any good references relating to weather simulation ? I am more looking at the number-crunching to determine things like daily temperature, precipitation, etc, rather than how these things are necessarily rendered graphically (although I'll be moving onto that once I've got a system that can tell me when they occur). Thanks, Phil
Advertisement
Although this describes a qualitative model of weather, you could easily extend it to produce more quantitative results. This model does not include a seasonal effect but that would also be pretty easy to implement if you wanted.

--www.physicaluncertainty.com
--linkedin
--irc.freenode.net#gdnet

Thanks for that jjd :-) I'd had a brief look at that earlier ... it could be a good starting point, although it would rely on defining a good set of weather states to work from.

You'd also need to add something to this that modelled the temperature, amount of rain/snow, etc, based upon the current weather state as selected by the Markov chain. So does anyone know of any references or have any thoughts regarding how the physical weather quantities could be modelled ?

TIA,

Phil

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement