Sign in to follow this  

MMORPG Workpath

This topic is 4223 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there! I'm new in 3D programming and i'm developing a new MMORPG, in fact until now i have the DirectX engine and i already bought the 3D Studio Max 7 and i know a lot about role-playing games. I have some doubts about this: Can I create the models on 3ds max and export the mesh with the texture to an X file? If yes, should i parse that file in the LoadGeometry() subrutine of my engine? How can i make the terrain?? I know how to do that by tiling, but i don't know if that is correct in 3d games... I'll be glad if someone answers. (Like i posted in all the other threads, sorry about my english, i speak spanish). Anticipated thanks! Federico.

You have a loooooong way to go. Entire books have been written about the questions you are asking. I suggest you start out with something simpler and more basic.

For example, try writing a program that will simply load and display a terrain. Take a look at this web site: Virtual Terrain Project. Everything you ever wanted to know about rendering terrain is there.

This topic is 4223 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.