MMORPG Workpath

Started by
1 comment, last by Federico 17 years, 11 months ago
Hi there! I'm new in 3D programming and i'm developing a new MMORPG, in fact until now i have the DirectX engine and i already bought the 3D Studio Max 7 and i know a lot about role-playing games. I have some doubts about this: Can I create the models on 3ds max and export the mesh with the texture to an X file? If yes, should i parse that file in the LoadGeometry() subrutine of my engine? How can i make the terrain?? I know how to do that by tiling, but i don't know if that is correct in 3d games... I'll be glad if someone answers. (Like i posted in all the other threads, sorry about my english, i speak spanish). Anticipated thanks! Federico.
Advertisement
You have a loooooong way to go. Entire books have been written about the questions you are asking. I suggest you start out with something simpler and more basic.

For example, try writing a program that will simply load and display a terrain. Take a look at this web site: Virtual Terrain Project. Everything you ever wanted to know about rendering terrain is there.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
You are right, i should start with something simpler... I'll take a look of that page.

Well, thanks for the answer!

Federico.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement