• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoftwareFailure

Using binary resources with VS

This topic is 6308 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have a problem with including a binary resource (RT_RCDATA) in my application. As described in the doc, I first add a new script template (.rc) to my workspace, and then a user-defined resource from the "Insert->Resource" menu. When saving the workspace now, VS generated a resource.h include file which contains the definition for my binary resource (IDR_MYFILE). If I include this file now in my project and the program executes the following line res=FindResource(NULL,MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDR_COMMANDS1),RT_RCDATA); it always returns NULL, i.e. failed to find the resource!? Does anybody know what could be wrong there? The problem must be in the way I include the binary resource I think...Please help me! Thank you. Andreas

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Sorry, I made a mistake MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDR_MYFILE) of course....but it still does not work! Please help out anyone!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!