Sign in to follow this  
stdioh

OpenGL starting opengl

Ok, so I know a lot of C/C++, and all signs have pointed me in the direction of learning opengl, both for games and the integration of graphics in other applications. This is what I have so far: Microsoft Visual C++ 2 Years of C++ Experience The Official Guide to Learning OpenGL I'm not really looking for tutorials, just where I can get the aux library files and the header files because as we all know Microsoft is up their own asshole with DirectX and whenever I ask a question about this on MSDN, the refer me here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx/sdk/ Your help is greatly appreciated.

Since you've asked on MSDN, I'm assuming you're using Windows. If you download the Microsoft Platform SDK, it comes with the proper OpenGL headers and libraries. Not sure of the exact download for this, but it should be easy enough to find.

Just to let you know, Beginning OpenGL Game Programming is an excellent guide to OpenGL.

Quote:
Original post by stdioh
thanks, so what do i use?

There are a few image loading libraries about, I'm pretty sure I've put some in the Forum FAQ, and Alternative Game Libs should also have some entries which can help you

<pimp>
and as you are using C++ you might want to give my Texture loader a look... [grin]
</pimp