SDL

Started by
5 comments, last by TrollMaker 17 years, 11 months ago
Hi I'm having trouble setting up sdl on visual studio 2005 , i tried all the tutorials i could find on google and none worked im must be doing something wrong... can anyone plz tell me how to setup in visual studio 2005 plz Thanx
Advertisement
I also had trouble setting up SDL in Visual Studio, so I'm looking foward to a reply.

However, if you get none, I recommend "Dev-C++" by Bloodshed, because it is fast, free, and I had no trouble using any libs with it.
Are you using Visual C++ 2005 Express? I downloaded & set it up for the first time last night, using the "Setting Up SDL" page on Lazy Foo's indispensible tutorials section as guidance- check out http://lazyfooproductions.com/SDL_tutorials/lesson01/ (in fact, the entire series of tutorials is essential if you're getting stuck in with SDL).

The instructions are for Visual Studio .NET 2003 but they still apply. Read the article thoroughly and you'll be rolling in no time. If you still have trouble then try downloading Bloodshed Dev-C++, you can get SDL installed very simply by downloading the SDL devpak & plugging it in.

Hope this helps- if not, I'll leave it to someone a bit more knowledgable than myself :)

Sven
The express edition of VS2005 doesn't come with certain Debug libraries. In most cases, compiling in Release mode will prevent those errors (CrtDbg____ type errors).

If you're having different problems, please help us with more specifics.
XBox 360 gamertag: templewulf feel free to add me!
if you're not using the express edition then skip step 1.

step 1: install and set up the platform sdk
step 2: follow lazyfoo's instructions
This space for rent.
Quote:Original post by TrollMaker
Hi

I'm having trouble setting up sdl on visual studio 2005 , i tried all the tutorials i could find on google and none worked im must be doing something wrong... can anyone plz tell me how to setup in visual studio 2005 plz
Thanx

What is your problem? How do you expect help if you don't tell what your problem is...could be handy for us :)
------------Something useful could be written here...
Thnx for the help all. With the tutorial i managed to put it up and running

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement