Total Newbie 100% ^^

Started by
13 comments, last by INFINITE LIGHT 17 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by Jemburula
Quote:Original post by Silvo
wait...

Quote:The same way you need to learn the alphabet before you learn to speak.

Did you just say that you need to learn the alphabet before you speak??? I'm pretty sure I learnt how to say "Look mummy!" and "Outside!" before i learnt to chant "aaye bee see dee eee effff geee haich eye jay kay elemenobee"

I was just thinking that, I spoke before I learnt the alphabet. Must be an Australian thing eh? =P But yes pulpfists point is important.

Hey, after all we don't only want to SPEAK C++ but also WRITE it, so that makes your analogy valid again :)

Advertisement
Quote:
Did you just say that you need to learn the alphabet before you speak??? I'm pretty sure I learnt how to say "Look mummy!" and "Outside!" before i learnt to chant "aaye bee see dee eee effff geee haich eye jay kay elemenobee"

Hmm maybe you are right... "aaye bee see dee eee effff geee haich eye jay kay elemenobee" looks like a pretty decent comodore 64 game. Maybe Ill go and give it a try...
Sorry to change the subject but,

I greatly suggest this forum:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1659.asp

All of the books he suggests are very good.
Good luck!

Tlak
Here is another good book that I don't think anyone listed:
Thinking in C++

There are two versions. The first version will teach you the basics of the language. It is a very good book, especially for being available for free online. It will help you learn a lot of good programming practices and Object Oriented programming. Again, it isn't game programming oriented, but you don't necessarily need that when you are just starting.

Good Luck!
- Bnty_HntrCome visit Triple Buffer, a great source for DirectX and other tutorials.Check out my Blog.Or, join Triple Buffer by checking out our Help Wanted post.
programming torrents

torrents program suggestion - azures

website to search: torrentsearcher.filesharingplace.com

words
programming
C++
game programming
game design

you will think me.

JESUS IS GOD! JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD! GOD IS LOVE!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement