Sign in to follow this  

Run Time Creation and Modification of Mesh (MDX)

This topic is 4224 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All, I am working on 3D Virtual Factory that have multiple machines (pre define meshes by 3d studio max of milling, turning and drilling machines) that will perform some operations (hole, cut) on workpiece (run time created mesh). So please help me out how can I create mesh(Work piece that will be box,cylinder) on run time and after creation I have to modify it according to machine part programe. After one machine's modification this workpiece will go to other machine for more modification. After all modification I have to save this modified mesh file for showing final product created by all machines. My development platform is C#, and DirectX 9. please help me out this problem with source code because of I am new to DirectX.

Hello, welcome to gamedev!

Most geometrically/parametrically defined meshes can be defined through thousands-year-old formulae.

When it comes to combining these shapes in an additive, subtractive or differential context, one usually relies on the formulae behind Constructive Solid Geometry.

In order to alter a shape by milling activity, one should really define the entire geometric environment using a density field?

This topic is 4224 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.