Getting this code to work .....

Started by
14 comments, last by 23yrold3yrold 23 years, 2 months ago
i noticed u said vc4 u might haveto recompile the glut librarys to work for vc4 as the standard ones were prolly built for vc6.

pain in the ass but thats life in the m$ world. count yourself lucky u might of been using d3d7 and wanted to add a feature from d3d8, that''s much worse. a recompile aint good enuf, in such a case u would have to goback + physically change a lot of the already working d3d7 stuff to make it compatible with d3d8. i sympathise with all the poor bastards who have had to do it

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux
Advertisement
That code WAS for a console app (since many have told me to do that; I already have). How exactly do I recompile glut? Also, I''ve gotten it down to one error now....

Linking...
C:\MSDEV\LIB\glut32.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full:
cannot seek to 0x39d522ff
Error executing link.exe.
Test.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Not sure what that means though....might recompiling fix it?

Chris

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

>>C:\MSDEV\LIB\glut32.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full:
cannot seek to 0x39d522ff
<<
this error means u need the glut librarys compiled with vc4. you''ll prolly have to compile them yourself unless u can find someone else thats already done it.
NONE of the other suggestions will work eg linking with this + that , console app etc . the only way to fix its is to have the right dll''s (the ones made for vc + not vc5/6)

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux
The code that was posted does not use glut but glaux.
the gl.h has some things used in wich arent defined in itselfs like APIENTRY and such.. it is defined in the windows.h

so, you have to include windows.h first, and after it gl.h.. and not the other way around, else its not yet defined in gl.h (thats my cent to the story)

we wanna play, not watch the pictures

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Well, thanks for your help everyone. I figure I''m just going to stick to learning through NeHe''s tutorials and MFC. I wanted glut because the setup is nice and simple plus half the source code out there uses it, and I can worry about learning OpenGL and not bother with half my code being initialization. I don''t know how to re-compile glut, so if someone can spell it out for me or just ppoint me to a VC++ 4.0 version, great. If not, no biggie. I''ll get by. Thanks, everyone.

Chris

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement