Sign in to follow this  
kRogue

OpenGL another openGL function grabber, but with a twist.

Hi all, I do not know if anyone would want to use this, so before I take the time to document it, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in the following openGL function grabber.. an important question is: whay would we need another one? aren't GLEE and others jsut fine. Yes they are good, and in some places they are a touch better than the one I was wondering if anoyone would want, but... there are a few extras on the one I made: 1) it will fetch function pointers for all openGL functions, not just extension functions, i.e. glBegin, glVertex, ect. 2) more control, when one uses this package, you decide how the function is fetched (currenlty I use SDL_GL_GetProcAddress, but one cna make their own). nothing great there.... 3) if you #define DEBUG, all the openGL functions get mapped to macros which call the correct function and then call a function you provide to check for openGL errors, the function you provide will takes arguments of filename, line number and the call to the openGL function. Also provided is a function which returns true if one is within a glBegin() glEnd() pair (necessary because calling glGetError is illegal in such a pair). anyone interested? I can release the source code for the generator if anyone wants (you need lex/flex to compile though) Best Regards -Kevin

make it compatible with c#,
handle the complexly boring windows init stuff,
intigrate some glew (check that out) so that it can tell if function is suported... and u have a nice gl interface for my new fave lingo C# . dude its probs gona replace c++ take a look into it ... wow ... also can run ur .net apps on linux :)
x love u x

Quote:

handle the complexly boring windows init stuff,

it's just for fethcing openGL function pointers, it is portably across platforms, i.e. Linux, Max, Windows, ect.... if you want to avoid doing lots of windows init stuff, use SDL.

for checking if a fucntion is supported it has a macro to check if the function was loaded, if it failed to laod, then the fucntion is not supported...

as for C#, hmm.. in truth I have never used that language..... and the C# of platforms besides Windows is kind of not up to speed (I know Mono, ubt how many Linux or Mac developers does anyone know that use C# ?)

(edit): glIntercept, in some ways is much better that what I am offering, it only has 2 drawbacks:
1) windows only
2) does not trace line and file where openGL calls come from.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
dude its probs gona replace c++ take a look into it ... wow ... also can run ur .net apps on linux :)

HuH?! who said this beside i think C# based on C++ so how can it replace it >_>
and .net frame is windows only tho this mean C# isn't portable