• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Say no to DX!

This topic is 6297 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m an NT user. Because Microsoft is a bunch of slackers DirectX 3 is the latest version! I am trying to create a game that does not use DX. if you could point me in the right direction (tutorials, sites, game''s sorce code, etc.) it would be more than welcome. Thankyou.

Advertisement
you stupid little fool. Dx 3 is definitley not the latest version. If you knew anything you would know of other routes or API''s to use instead of DirectX. Im not going to help you, because you obviously have no clue of what you are talking about.

sorry about over reacting there. I dont like newbies coming on all the time stating stupid things and not giving any description of what they are talking about. I suggest you use OpenGL or you get a different OS

quote:

GDI

ehehehhe

DirectX5 is available on NT4, I beleive SP4 included it 2 years ago. I played several Dx5 games on NT4, including EQ, with little problems. Most of the issues are crappy Dx drivers for NT4.

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- The disgruntled & disillusioned

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!