hey guys im new!!

Started by
10 comments, last by Mattman 17 years, 11 months ago
hiya just saying hi , ill tell u a little about me ! . im 13 years old and wanna learn how to program, my dad is a programmer and i love computers (on this one (in my room) all the the time) ive done a lil programming b4 got bored :/ lol. but hopefully with a forum and stuff i can post stuff im stuck on , im not really wanting to learn C++ or C at the moment though i got blitz basic 2d and 3d , and a book called game programming for teen's by maneesh sethi, i havnt really used it much to be honest though i know the basics of blitz basic such as arrays and variables...
Advertisement
Welcome to GameDev.net!

I hoe you find everything you are looking for but, in case you don't, here is a handy list to have. And, I encourage other posters to add on to this list.

Visual C++ Express Edition - You will need this (or a different compiler/IDE like it) to create and use C++ programs. It is very useful, and FREE!

Thinking in C++ - A very good free book that will take you through the language of C++.

GameDev.net Articles - A great source for learning many things.

The ultimate learning tool!

Good Luck!
- Bnty_HntrCome visit Triple Buffer, a great source for DirectX and other tutorials.Check out my Blog.Or, join Triple Buffer by checking out our Help Wanted post.
hi,
if you want to learn c++ you should look at that treath :
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=392994

amoK
Welcome to Gamedev!
I started programming at about your age (12ish). You're already at a good start so far, just keep reading and more importantly practicing. Though you might want to try typing with correct spelling (Some people here aren't American, and may not recognize shorthand English).
____________________________________Spazuh- Because I've had too much coffee
wow you guys are pretty nice , already im being helped thx :) , im ganna try learning blitz basic 3d b4 i go on to c++ ,its apprently easyier to make games on , and thats what i wanna do for a living , a game designer
A friend of mine used to use Blitz; he said it was pretty easy once he got the hang of it. Just try not to live in Sample Land as he (and many) did. Samples are great to learn from, but they're addictive.
It's beneficial to learn various programming techniques such as sorting, etc as you can apply that to any language you learn.
____________________________________Spazuh- Because I've had too much coffee
Hey!

Welcome to GameDev [smile]

You are imo wise to stick with blitz basic for the moment. Languages such as C++ have way too many language specific obstacles which will hinder you in learning the general concepts of programming (which most languages share).
You will also be several times more productive, which is extremely important in the beginning stages! Specially since you are young I'm guessing you're going to need constant feedback to keep you going, and blitz basic is great for this.

Good luck! [smile]
Best regards, Omid
Gamedev and I welcome you with warm, tender hearts!

Its good that you have a few resouces to start off with. Stick to Blitz for a while and check out some other neat programming technologies.

We look forward to you becoming a productive member of this community!!
Quote:Original post by Dark12345
i love computers (on this one (in my room) all the the time)

I suggest lisp, you seem to be well suited. </joke>

Actually Blitz would be a good place to start.
Quote:Original post by OrangyTang
Quote:Original post by Dark12345
i love computers (on this one (in my room) all the the time)

I suggest lisp, you seem to be well suited.

[lol]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement