Sign in to follow this  
NegativeGeForce

Unity libpng problems [solved]

the following link is to an unsolved thread a while ago that seems to be exacly the same problem im having with vs express 2005. http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=329974&whichpage=1�� ive tried compiling the latest 1.2.10 libs dlls and ive tried the 1.2.8 libs and dll. Ive also tried the same with zlib. Im still having the same problem. Ive tried compiling example programs as well and they crash on the same function. Is there a solution to this? [Edited by - NegativeGeForce on May 23, 2006 11:57:31 PM]

Sorry to keep iritating this thread, but ive been pulling my hair out for 2 days already at this problem.

I ended up getting it sorts working, but the example programs work only when i compile them in multithreaded dll. My 2d opengl game compiles fine as a multithreaded dll as well, but I get alot of dll errors when trying to run it. I threw in all the dll's next to the exe it requested and then it gives me an error about a c library being loaded incorrectly.

My question now is how can I link it as a non-dll build.

I dont understand how so many people dont have issues with libpng...ive used many precompiled libs before like fmod and even wxwidget, but this one is really irritating and frustrating to get working.

Maybe im missing something about it all and I just havent thought of it?

Any help would be appreciated, maybe other peoples configs with libpng/zlib?

Fixed the issue. I was building the .lib files as Multi-Threaded DLL. Someone kind on the gamedev irc channel pointed it out. Thanks alot, png's look so sexy ingame rendered with ogl :D

http://members.gamedev.net/supradork/screens/pngworking.jpg