Sign in to follow this  
Sema

Program Translator

Hullo guys hope you good. I want to translate a simple game program from pascal to java. I am wondering if there is tool or any mean that i can use to this fast without a lot of fuss. i had come across antlr but seems it wont yield good results. I also thought of first translating pascal to C then C to java. thanx in advance.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Sema
Hullo guys hope you good.

I want to translate a simple game program from pascal to java. I am wondering if there is tool or any mean that i can use to this fast without a lot of fuss.

i had come across antlr but seems it wont yield good results.
I also thought of first translating pascal to C then C to java.

thanx in advance.

If this is any sort of non-trivial app, you can basically forget about it, anyway there are such tools available:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22pascal+to+java%22+or+%22pascal+to+java%22&btnG=Google+Search

thank you NotAYakk
how easy is that (writing a pascal interpreter in java) i am not any good at pascal. any tips or way out.??

nice to hear from you.

Heh, it's not easy at all, especially if you don't know one (or both) of the languages involved. NotAYakk was pulling your chain. ;)

The link provided by the AP lists mainly information about migrating from one language to another (not tools to magically perform the transformation for you), and as he said, for a non-trivial program you are out of luck. You'll have to port it manually.