[MDX] April 2006 SDK Problem - Updated

Started by
3 comments, last by Cybrosys 17 years, 11 months ago
Hi, i searched up an earlier thread in hope of finding out what was the problem but i'm guessing it was a different problem. The sample browser offers me two empty projects to install, one using .net 2.0 beta and the other is the old Empty Project. Trying to install any of the samples and running them will result in a failure in the dxutmisc files etc that the samples are based on. I can execute the pre-compiled ones but i can't execute my own compilations properly. When booting up my compilation i get a device creation failed, null reference exceptions etc. Does anyone know anything about this or is it because of dx10/xna that's caused instability in the code base of the older sample source codes? I'm guessing my only solution is to download an older version of the sdk? I was realy looking forward to start using the new directx :/ The first problems i've narrowed down to the ResourceCache. [Edited by - Cybrosys on May 24, 2006 6:09:55 AM]
Advertisement
Sounds like the SDK isn't properly installed. Have you tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it?
I've reinstalled it but no change. I can compile the code but when i try to run it, i get this error.

http://www.isk.kth.se/~mnensen/error.jpg

The .fx file is empty and i've tried swapping it for another but it doesn't solve the problem. I've even installed other solutions but they result in other errors such as the ResourceErrors which i talked about earlier when trying to run the other Empty Project. I've tried to compile and run the UI samples as well but they result in errors.

Oh, and just for the record, i do have .Net 2.0 installed.

UPDATE:

Has anyone else tried to install the projects, compiled and tried to run them?

Could it be that everyone that's tried the new sdk has just converted their projects and not used the Empty Project solutions, which would mean that the dxutil code files are full of bugs? :/

UPDATE #2:

I downloaded and installed the December 2005 and the samples still give me the errors, i think the october one was the last one i tried that didn't have these problems with the samples.

[Edited by - Cybrosys on May 23, 2006 4:31:12 PM]
Did you copy the project files before you altered them to suit your project ? If you did, try opening, converting and building and running the base project from its own directory. That worked fine for me with Net 2.0 in Visual C# 2005. If it also works fine for you I am guessing the project uses files in the media directory and that is where you are getting your problem.

Yep, the Common directory also needs copying before it can compile and then I get the same problem saying that a media file cannot be found. Aha .. got it .. copy both the common and media folders from the SDK directory to relative positions in your project directories and it will work. Looked weird on my directory structure as I don't use those samples as a base but if I did I would have to redo my directories until everything was contained into one main directory. But then thats me :D

Hope this helped you.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I installed the project to a folder in my projects folders and copied the common and media folders directly from the sdk and compiled everything, but i still get the same error as in the jpeg i listed above.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement