DirectX SDK for VC++ 2005 Express (this it?)

Started by
3 comments, last by Koolchamp 17 years, 10 months ago
Is this the SDK that I need to download to be able to use DirectX in a C++ Win32 App? the Link
Cheers,Ken(Koolchamp)_____________________________"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius"If you don't have a game industry job and you want to go to E3, do what everyone else does. Launch a game review website and call yourself press." - Mike McShaffry(This is true for me) “…..I'm a geek and jocks are my natural enemy.” – Li C. Kuo
Advertisement
Yep
Anyone know where I can find the source for a small program that uses DirectX that I could use to test to see if it installed correctly and all?
Cheers,Ken(Koolchamp)_____________________________"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius"If you don't have a game industry job and you want to go to E3, do what everyone else does. Launch a game review website and call yourself press." - Mike McShaffry(This is true for me) “…..I'm a geek and jocks are my natural enemy.” – Li C. Kuo
Quote:Original post by Koolchamp
Anyone know where I can find the source for a small program that uses DirectX that I could use to test to see if it installed correctly and all?

Enjoy [smile]

There are of course also samples in the SDK itself ...
Look in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (February 2006)\Samples\C++" ...EmptyProject in the Direct3D folder would be the simplest sample in there (probably [wink])

Regards,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Well it works I guess. I noticed that emptyproject in the Direct3D folder, that it loaded up a whole lot of different other .cpp and .h files in the common folder area.

So, if whenever I get to the point where I need to use DirectX, do I also have to go through the process of loading up all those? Or can I just do like an #include <whatever> to load all that up?

EDIT: do I need to add any directories in VC++ like I had to do with the platform SDK that let me create windows apps?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement